Monday, March 4, 2013

The best kind of foodie: #4

In my opinion, the best sort of foodie is one who appreciates and loves good food, but who recognizes that kitchen perfection is not going to happen every meal and happily eats more standard fare. Thomas happens to be this sort of foodie and it is perfect for this cooking-challenged wife and budget-conscious family.  You can always count on T to order the most interesting thing on the menu. I remember one time in Athens, GA, when he ordered a peanut butter and jelly burger just because he thought it sounded interesting (and it was actually really good!).
Of the two of us, Thomas is by far the better cook--I think it's because he is more patient and more detail-oriented--two "key ingredients" in cooking (word play!). However, for scheduling reasons, I end up cooking 95% of our meals, and while I consider myself an adequate cook, I'm not exactly whipping up delicious, perfectly-balanced meals every night (only every other night, ha). I do remember the days when we were dating and we'd take mucho dinero and many hours preparing special meals just so we could spend maximum hang out time together. Now most of our eating energy is consumed by coaxing L to eat and sit still for 15 minutes so we can cram food down our own throats.We have enjoyed a number of fun meals throughout the years, and I look forward to eating and preparing many more alongside this food-loving dude.
He does love seafood, though we did not eat this guy.

Master of the fish

I can only imagine the smell...obviously I'm not a fisher(wo)man

No comments:

Post a Comment