Monday, March 25, 2013

24 and 25

#24/25 (Yep, I dropped the ball yesterday.)

Thomas is one of "those people" that I was constantly annoyed with growing up: he is naturally good at a wide variety of things.
Sports and anything athletic? Sure, no problem. I have no doubt that he could successfully run a marathon next weekend if he chose to, despite not training for one. He picked up snow-skiing essentially as an adult and while I may have better form, he is just as fast as I am and we have a blast skiing together (I've been skiing since I was 3).
Games and anything involving strategy? This one is in the bag, too. Guy is smart. In the pre-baby days, we used to play a lot more games together (wistful sigh), and he is great at figuring out how to win, and, well, doing just that.

Making lattes, taking pictures, fixing anything and everything around the house, reading hand puppet books, and various and sundry other tasks....make me glad that I don't have to be annoyed with him for being good at everything. Instead, I can be grateful for his wide skill set and keep him humble by beating him sometimes!

Running with the furry son at IOP

L was not amused, but the rest of us sure were!

Using the dry lake bed as a tripod base


No comments:

Post a Comment