Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Clothes and Comfortableness

The first time that Thomas and I hung out, he showed up at Kudu Coffee Shop in downtown Charleston wearing a bright pink polo shirt and seersucker shorts. While I was thrilled to be drinking coffee with him, it certainly flashed through my mind--could I really date someone who dresses this way?? Even four years at Wake Forest had not prepared me for the madras, bright colors and seersucker of Charleston. Thomas, though not a Charleston boy, was doing his best to dress the part, and it freaked me out.

Obviously I got over this and in time, I came to love his colorful style. Buying clothes for him quickly became a lot of fun and while L has replaced him as my favorite person to shop for (duh), he is a close second. Or at least second.

The deeper quality at the root of this is that Thomas is very comfortable in his own skin, and there are few types of people more refreshing to be around than those who are entirely happy with who they are. This is not to say that he never changes or adapts to new situations, but he does so with an ease and grace that puts those around him at ease, too.
He looks great dressed up, too!

Bowties--not just for wedding days!

No comments:

Post a Comment