Thursday, March 7, 2013

#7: Parenting Power

I could write a whole month's worth of posts about what a great dad Thomas is. From letting L put bows in his hair (pink looks especially great), to 2 am soothing sessions (he prefers singing songs from Abbey Road), to running around with the furry son in the backyard, he does it all. He is an especially talented bath-giver, Beatles-singer, block-builder, and swing-pusher.

Which brings me to my primary point: he is a great co-parent. He doesn't pretend that he can't smell a poopy diaper (wince, double negative) or tell me that something is only my responsibility. We're partners, 50-50, when he is at home, and it is wonderful. I don't think I would have done well in the 1950's (well, or any other time period in history) when kids were only the woman's responsibility. Nope.

And the greatest part is that L loves him as much or more as she loves me. She asks for DaDa all.day.long. We have this conversation at least 25 times per day:
L (looking at his computer): "DaDa DaDa DaDaaaa"
A: "DaDa is at work. Still. Same place he was 5 minutes ago when you asked for him."
L (very serious and thoughtful): "Yeah."
L (2 minutes later): " "DaDa DaDa DaDaaaa." And repeat.

Both of their first diaper changes! I love the expressions.

I'm getting my way with the hat next time, babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment