Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Numero Seis: Travelin' Man

 We have been fortunate to be able to travel a lot since we started dating in fall 2007. I quickly discovered that Thomas is a fun travel companion, and we do our best to get away somewhere a few times per year.We love exploring new places, experiencing different cultures, trying strange foods,checking out local transportation, taking pictures (T), and generally attempting to step out of our comfort zones. Thomas' easygoing nature is key to dealing with travel mishaps, of which there are always several. One time in Heidelberg we read the bus schedule incorrectly and ended up having to hike 2+ miles with our packs along a major road. I was "slightly concerned" (read: total basketcase) but Thomas just rolled with it and selflessly carried my pack. There is no one I would rather travel with!


Camel selfie! Kenya, 2012
I don't think I would make it as a member of a camel caravan. Kenya, 2012



Obligatory "yay we're in Europe!" shot,  Rhine River, 2010



Apparently we wear a lot of green, Heidelberg, Germany 2010

Pfronten, Germany 2010 (Wish I could magically transport myself to that deck...)

Alpine posin'! Pfronten, 2010

It's a Wild West bandit! Serengeti, 2012

If only Lillian's ponytail looked that good! Serengeti, 2012

Tea time at Lewa (another porch I'd like to be magically transported to) Kenya, 2012

Quite the little shoppers, St. Maarten, 2009

Thomas stayed up til the wee hours every night on this trip until he had finished HP, St. Maarten, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment