Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Well, at least the cashier thinks I have it together

[Disclaimer: this "post" is coming from after a tiring and frazzling day in which Sullivan ran away and swam in the gator pond near our house and Lillian ran around like a crazy person all day long]

The 16 year old cashier finishes ringing up my groceries (surprise, surprise, my $50 trip has ballooned to nearly double that) and tells me the amount. Stage left, Lillian is shouting about the balloons she can see and entering whiny mode.

"That'll be $85.00 even. Did you plan that?"

I looked at him in disbelief. Yes, while I was zipping around the store, throwing things in my (unbelievably cumbersome) race car cart at the speed of light while attempting to fulfill my list and entertain the 24 pounds of crazy "driving" us around the store, I calculated out the exact amount that it would take--tax and all--to get to $85.00.

"Um. Nope. Just one of those cool things I guess..."

Maybe he has customers who have it together enough to calculate out dollars and cents like this. They probably coupon and keep complex spreadsheets, too. Maybe someday that will be me.

But not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment