Monday, October 1, 2012

No titles to be found around here today

It's Monday! And it's October! Time to bust out the fall decorations, Christmas music (don't judge), and leggings.

1. Confession: sometimes I like Mondays...especially when there are fun things to anticipate in the week ahead, or if I had a full night of sleep on Sunday night.

2. Another fun picture from Carissa.
Mischievous smile, check. 
3.  I am reeeeally excited about fall clothes, or, as I like to think of it, anythingbutthesummerclothesI'vebeenwearingfor6months. Who's with me?  And I love putting Lillian in little legging outfits. HOWEVER, it is still in the 80s here during the day. sigh.

4. With regard to #3,  I received the following email from my mom on Saturday morning before we went to their house for lunch:

Dear Ashley

I know it's fall ... it's still warm out ... we're eating outside on the screened porch because we'll fit ... don't dress L in long pants and a sweater :)


It will be cooler next month.


xoxo
(Then I went upstairs and changed Lillian. Good call, Mom, good call.) 

5. Sullivan has this wonderful "quirk" (read: annoying habit) of needing the water in his dog bowl to be PERFECTLY FRESH before he will drink it.It doesn't matter if you filled the bowl five minutes before. It needs to be dumped and refilled. PERFECTLY FRESH, people! This is mildly annoying during the day, and absurdly irritating at 1:53 am. He also won't drink from his bowl if it is a)dark, b)on certain surfaces or c)if one of L's toys is between him and the dish. Neurotic, much? We sure love that dog though.
Laziness incarnate.

6. Speaking of dogs, L is in a fun new stage where she will pick up a book, bring it to you and then back that thing up into your lap and sit down. Her attention span still rivals a goldfish, but it is really fun to watch her remember things about certain books and to find joy in reading. I will obviously still love her if she doesn't like to read, but I really hope that she does! 

This is her current favorite book: (image via here). Thanks to Aunt Pamela and Uncle Brandon for such a fun book. 
If you have any "dog people" in your life who are having kids, this is an awesome present.






7. I am currently rereading The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis and it is convicting with a capital C. This book really makes you think through your everyday rationalizations, your "it's not me, it's the culture excuses" and your "it doesn't really matter if I do or say certain things" mentality. Too often I think of Satan as passive and lazy rather than active and persistent. 

8. Our master bedroom needs help. The rest of the house is more or less together, but our room always comes last and it definitely shows. Weird piles of stuff somehow migrate in during the day, and we are too tired at night to do anything about it. Case in point: the bench at the end of the bed currently has the following items piled on top: a pink tutu, a quilt, 6 cookie cutters leftover from L's birthday, 2 bottles of travel toiletries (favorite toys of L's), a gift bag and an empty Amazon box. Maybe today is the day I will begin RoomPurge 2012. Or maybe it will be tomorrow...

9. A parting shot from Carissa:

"Really? You guys are my parents? Are you sure?"
 Linking up with Carissa today, here.

1 comment:

  1. In no certain order:
    A) I love Screwtape Letters, too. I remember reading it for the first time when I was in high school: my world was rocked!

    B) I've never heard of that Dog picture book. I guess when it's time for Landon and I to have kids, we'll have to get that. :)

    C) I am sick of my summer clothes, too. In an attempt to hurry fall into Charleston, I actually wore a cardigan, tights and a tunic to work the other day. I was miserable. (Lesson learned.)

    D) As always, Lillian is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete