Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Impressive? You be the judge.

Today is one of those days where it feels like nothing is going quite right (toybox threw up all over the downstairs, floors are dirty, teaching prep is nowhere near where it needs to be, L is protesting food, etc.), so in an effort to clear up the cloud of momguilt hanging over my head I am going to blog about L's two new "tricks."

1. She has discovered how to pick her nose while sucking her thumb with the same hand. Impressive? possibly. Disgusting? absolutely.

2. And for the win: just a few minutes ago, she was playing with one of her beloved toothbrushes (OBSESSED) when I looked at her and said, "L, it's time for a nap." She looked right back at me, headed for the stairs which she proceeded to walk up without crawling, and went straight to her room. Then she turned around and said, "Can I borrow the car later, Mom?" Okay, maybe not, but it is fun to see her making associations, becoming more independent, etc. Naturally, as I type this, she is upstairs protesting the nap that I am so meanly forcing her to take, but whatever, IT'S A WIN.

Okay, enough procrastination.

No comments:

Post a Comment