Saturday, March 8, 2014

It's a race!

I am so proud of Thomas for running in the "Rugged Maniac" race at Boone Hall this morning. The "rugged" bit refers to the obstacles the 5K course included, items such as barbed wire, trenches (but not like WWI), walls, tire throws, etc. If you look at the picture I have included, I think the "maniac" bit becomes self-explanatory.
He ran it with a few buddies from our community group-- by the way have I mentioned how much we LOVE our community group? They are definitely family to us. For instance, six of the (almost) 11 kids in our group were there to cheer on their parents and as I"m helping to corral various small ones, this guy sitting nearby says to me, "just how many children do you have?!" Yep, so we love these peeps and their kids. Also pictured with Thomas here is his longtime friend Tony, who looks a tad bit happier and jauntier than my man. They all had a blast though, and Thomas is psyched to run through freezing cold water and mud again next year! And I think that all of this has inspired me to start running again and I'm putting this in writing so that I can't chicken out.

No comments:

Post a Comment