Monday, May 20, 2013

A Little Lillian Update

Six Things I love about Lillian at 20.5 months that I don't want to forget

1. Every night when I rock her, she runs through a roster of people. The list, which varies in order, always includes Daddy, Sullivan, and all four grandparents ("Baps," "Go-gah," Mimi and "Baba/Papa"). If we saw friends that day, they make the list too (Ga-chen, A-Gace, JOOOOOd, Koh and Zeus from down the street).

2. Going along with #1, I love that she is learning the names of her friends and remembering them. We have prayed over her since she was in utero that she would love people well, and it seems like remembering their names is a good first step. :)

3. She is obsessed with the song "She Loves You" by the Beatles. We listen to it at least 20 times a day since it's only 2:30 min. long. Then she shouts her favorite part--"yeah YEAH YEAH"--over and over until we play it again. T is our resident Beatles fanatic and particularly enjoys this. We've also showed her recordings of the Beatles' first appearance on the Ed Sullivan show in 1964, which were very well received by her, especially all the screaming/fainting girls.

4. My favorite sentence she says right now is "I see you______." I particularly love it when she says "I see you Ruff" and then gives Sullivan an exuberant hug.

5. She likes to give her baby brother in Mama's belly hugs, kisses, knuckles and lots of bellybutton pokes. While I know the reality of having a baby in the house will be completely different, it is sweet to see the very beginnings of their relationship. We have been praying that their relationship would be a special one since December--something that will be a lifelong prayer request, I imagine.

6. She has absolutely zero interest in learning letters, despite my best efforts with magnets, foam letters, crayons, etc., and only slightly more interest in numbers. This stresses me out a little even though I know it shouldn't. She loves to take things apart and put them back together and has even learned to play independently for short periods. In fact, I am typing this blog post WHILE SHE IS AWAKE. It's a blogging miracle.

One of my new favorite pictures from Mother's Day. Girl loves her daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment