Monday, January 30, 2012

CCPL

[These days, the amount of blogging I do directly correlates with how Lillian is sleeping. Last week was a week of 45 minute naps--leaving barely enough time to shower and do minimal stuff around the house--thus, no blogging. We are starting out this week with a gloriously long Monday morning nap--therefore, two blog posts!]

This past weekend we were able to take Lillian on her first library trip. For those of you who know how much I like to read, you can imagine how thrilled this was for me. I actually teared up looking at shelf after shelf of beloved childhood memories; from Beverly Cleary to American Girl to Narnia to Roald Dahl (and many, many more), all of these cherished publications made me so excited to teach Lillian how to read. Of course I read to her now, but she rarely has much insight to give on why the rabbits in Goodnight Moon eat mush instead of carrots or why the polar bears in God Gave us You travel on a sled pulled by reindeer to get to the hospital (Do reindeer and polar bears like each other?) .
And if Lillian doesn't like to read, naturally I will still love her to pieces and try mightily to change her mind. Plus hope/pray that future siblings do enjoy reading!
Thomas and Lillian reading in the children's section at the Charleston County Public Library downtown. You have to cross a bridge fashioned after the Ravenel Bridge and I can just imagine her running across it someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment