Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Four months!

Lillian at 4 months:
Before she was born, I imagined two things about her. First, that she would be tall, like her daddy. Secondly, that she would have beautiful brown eyes, also like her daddy.
As you can tell by the photo on the right, I am pretty sure that I'm wrong about the second one. Yes, I know babies' eyes can change until they're a year old or so, but Lillian's eyes have continually become a light and lighter blue since birth. It seems like they are going to stay blue (not that I wouldn't be thrilled to see them turn a coffee color like Thomas' eyes!). Currently they look exactly like my dad's eyes.
Her four month stats indicate that Lillian is going to take after me in the height department. So far she is a petite little thing. 23.5 inches (25th percentile) and just about 14 pounds (50th percentile). I'm guessing that traveling didn't help in the growth department and the doc thinks that she is headed for a big growth spurt, so she may not always be petite. But for now, she is a sweet little lady.
Other thing she is doing at four months: rolling over (I never understood why this was a big deal until I had her. You take this inert little bundle who lays around like a blob for months and then bang! presto! She can move ever so slightly on her own!); talking/shrieking/making cat noises constantly--seriously, this is one noisy kid; smiling all the time; and grabbing everything she can get her hands on--Sullivan's fur, books, toys, etc.
We love her to pieces and are simultaneously amazed that it has only been one-third of a year and that it has already been one-third of a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment