Wednesday, January 4, 2012

So, I have been planning all sorts of exciting posts--Lillian's first Christmas, "11 for '11," etc. I have even told Lillian this AND showed her the blog, but that little stinker has decided that her New Years resolution is to only take 45 minute naps, if any naps at all. Let me tell you how quickly 45 minutes goes when you are trying to do silly things like shower, clean, cook, and let the dog out every 2.5 minutes. Point of fact: Sullivan thrives in the cold weather. Homeboy would play 24/7 if we would go out there with him. Not going to happen though, so Sullivan has spent most of 2012 lying on the couch/floor/bed looking reproachfully at us (read: me) for not taking him outside more. Poor guy.

For now, here are a few pictures from Christmas (which we spent in Aiken and Colorado) until I get the chance to write a real recap. My 45 minute timer is on and I have cornbread to make.

I love love love this picture of Thomas. Lillian was running a tiny fever and generally not feeling so hot--as reflected in the "Dad, you're boring me" facial expression--but I love how excited Thomas is about the Old McDonald hand book. Makes me laugh every time.

Here is a sweet picture from our time in Aiken. We spent a lot of the weekend hanging out--playing games, eating, opening presents, and generally visiting. Lillian sure does love her Grandma and Pops!

Thomas and I were able to ski two days at Beaver Creek, Dec. 23 and 24. We were very blessed by my parents' willingness to watch Lillian, and we had a blast tearing up the mountain together. Or, at least not killing ourselves and remembering pretty well how to ski. We are very well-matched skiers and generally enjoy skiing a little bit of everything on the mountain.

I love everything about this picture! The Christmas tree in the background, the head-sized bow stuck to Lillian's head like a bow on a present, my mom's happy face, Lillian's slightly skeptical face...so much to love! This was on New Years Eve while we were out to dinner for my dad's birthday.

Okay, last picture for the day. The cornbread is calling. I think this is one of the only pictures I have of the three of us from the entire 2.5 weeks that Thomas was off of work. Doh! Good thing it's pretty cute. The L shirt is one of my favorites, although Lillian manages the spray poop all over it just about every time she wears it. ha. This picture is in front of the mantel at my grandmother's house which is a place that I absolutely love.

No comments:

Post a Comment