Thursday, April 3, 2014

something marvelous

Just a quick insight the Lord gave me this morning from Psalm 22.

First David's lament and later Jesus' well-known cry from the cross, verse 1 reads: "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" This gut-wrenching question is immediately followed by, "Why are you so far from saving me, so far from the words of my groaning?" In short, the psalmist wants to know where the Lord is in the midst of his deep sadness, of his visceral pain.
But skip down and Psalm 22 ends with this verse: "[Future generations] will proclaim his righteousness to a people yet unborn--for he has done it. It's the phrase, "He has done it" that really strikes me. It can't be a coincidence that Jesus, as He agonized in His final moments on the cross, bearing the unbearable weight of sin, quoted a psalm that ends with the simplest description of our redemption: He has done it. And we get to rejoice in this ending to the sad story of this world; we can quietly marvel at the wonder of this gift, today and every day. Hallelujah, He has done it! He is risen.

Have a wonderful day!
ps) I am very excited that this post had nothing to do with kids and no pictures. I'm sure I'll be back with my regularly scheduled programming (so to speak) soon, but I do hope to do more of these types of posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment