Friday, June 19, 2009

mrs. fly

pilates update: no unfortuante incidents with the instructor's pants today, thank goodness! She does use some odd phrases--as in, instead of "way to go" or "good job," her favorite thing to say is "yay-rah." It certainly gets the point across, but it is a new phrase to me.

and, on a semi-related note:
I was thinking back to other horrifying/odd incidents with teachers, and a fourth grade memory popped up--at least one reader of this blog will remember this, I think. We had a substitute teacher one day, and, horror of all horrors, her fly was down. all afternoon. The zipper wasn't just a little bit down; it was the whole shebang, lacy underwear and all. Now, the mature, non-4th grade way to approach this situation would have been to simply let her know so that she could remedy the situation. Instead, I am now ashamed to admit, we laughed shamelessly all afternoon. As well as for weeks afterward...I have no memory of this woman's name, only that we called her Mrs. Fly.
And given my chosen career path (English 101 instructor, coming soon to a USC theater near you), I am now terrified that something equally dreadful will happen to me! Karma, after all, demands it.

No comments:

Post a Comment