Monday, September 26, 2011

Of dogs and babies

Some of you may be wondering how our big fur baby is handling the transition from Beloved Only Child to Still Beloved but Nontheless Has Worked His Way Down the Totem Pole. In short, I would say the answer is well. He is very sweet with Lillian, though sometimes his licking is a little bit much for her. Anyone who has been a recipient of Sullivan's kisses can understand how this could be the case.
However, I do get the look pictured to the right a lot. While I'm holding the baby, when I'm nursing, when the baby is crying, etc. He is still getting plenty of walks, love and attention but it's obvious to him and to us that it's just not the same. We continually reassure him that it will pay off in the end--I absolutely loved my dog as a kid--but I don't think dogs are known for their foresight or reasoning skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment