Wednesday, April 13, 2011

TOMORROW and tomorrow and tomorrow creeps in

Woohoo! Less than a month between posts (barely)!
Not one but two moms at school today asked me if I were pregnant. Actually, they asked me if I am expecting, which is still the funniest terminology to me. Expecting...to gain weight? To not sleep? To be blessed with the cutest baby ever?
yes to all three!
This means that I have a certifiable baby bump, which thrills me to no end, since I have been struggling with merely feeling a little thicker around the waist. Typing this out reemphasized the utter ridiculousness of this thought. I am getting over myself.
I have received several name suggestions from some precious kindergartners at school. My two favorites are:
Abraham Lincoln Log
Sparkle Moonbeam (I couldn't pick just one of these and I thought they flowed nicely together as a pair).
So, we will refer to BabyG as one of these following our appointment TOMORROW when we find out whether the lovemuffin is a boy or a girl.
I will post some pictures next time, hopefully from our fancy shmancy ultrasound TOMORROW.
Did I mention that we're having an ultrasound TOMORROW? I am just a wee bit excited. Last time we saw the baby was at 6 weeks and 4 days; TOMORROW it will be 19 weeks and 4 days. Meaning that it will look like a baby rather than a miniature jellyfish.

ps) 2 gold stars for whoever can figure out where the title of this post comes from.
pps) Baby A.L.L or S.M. must love blogging because he/she is thumping away like a wiggly little fish.

3 comments:

  1. I'm still over the moon with excitement for you two! I can still remember sitting in our chairs before Southern Lit (ugh) and you talking about how you and Thomas were thinking about starting a family after you graduated. And, ta da! Here we are! :) :)

    As for the P.S...let me go ahead and put my two English degrees to some use and say, it's Macbeth (my favorite of all the Willy S. plays!). Another fav quote: "Double double toil and trouble. Fire burns and cauldron bubbles." Yay for being an English nerd (and for having another generation of them)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so yes, i do googlereader-stalk your blog ... YAY!!! so excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. phew...i'm glad it is a girl and you can go with Sparkle Moonbeam....I didn't want to fighi over using Abraham Lincoln Log since that is totally what Peter and I plan to name our next little boy :)

    so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete