Saturday, October 2, 2010

Of travelling and home-ing


Just planned out the rest of the year on the calendar--crazy! October, November and December are going to be fun-filled and hopefully a decent balance of travel and home time. Two weddings, a couple of trips, a few holidays...and a partridge in a pear tree.


Thomas commented a few weeks ago that I was a homebody--an observation that I originally did not take kindly to. But upon further reflection, I decided that he was pretty dead on (yikes, 2 sentences in a row ending in prepositions. sorry folks). I love to travel and do interesting things, but I also love to putter around our house and hang out with the terrific friends that we have in this area. Hosting friends and family is always fun, too. We are truly blessed to have the depth and breadth of relationships that we do in Charleston. It's something that I often take for granted but the Lord has truly blessed us beyond measure with wonderful people.

Lately we have been praying for further opportunities to interact with neighbors and cultivate relationships in our own driveway, so to speak. Thanks to our handsome and spastic dog Sullivan, we find ourselves out and about much more often, thereby gaining further "exposure" with fellow dog owners and others who live in our vicinity. Also, there is a little kindergartner from my school who looooooves coming to see me (and Sullivan and Thomas, of course), which has afforded us the opportunity to interact more with his parents and their friends. Pretty cool stuff.
ps) never was a big fan of Mr. Rogers--although thanks to my good friend KPro (KHouse), I now have a deeper appreciation of cardigans

No comments:

Post a Comment