Monday, July 23, 2012

Miscellany Monday: 7/23/12

Miscellany Monday

1. We are out of ziploc bags. Yesterday was my 3rd trip to the store since we ran out. Did I remember to buy more? Nope. We are getting creative at ways to work around this absence though, which gets me to wondering how many of the things in life that I deem "absolutely necessary" really are as crucial as I deem them. Deep thoughts from the kitchen.

2. Lillian is in a "pushing things" stage. She pushes around her activity table, her stand up piano, the big cooler in the kitchen, her little car...and pretty much anything else she can find. She's also pushing my buttons a lot more, which means she's hearing the word NO pretty often. She is, of course, thrilled by this word and responds accordingly.

3. My dad videoed our African trip (shot over 48 hours of footage, wowza!) and I watch the first little video he pulled from all of that at least once per day. Usually more like four or five times. The background music is Toto's "Africa," which is awesomely 80's.

4. Sullivan is without a doubt the hairiest dog in the world. I have to sweep and vacuum constantly to keep up with his hair, even when I brush him regularly. He is also the greatest dog in the world, so it works out.

5. Thomas cleaned out my car for me yesterday and washed it, both of which it desperately needed. I took a nap while he was doing this. #kindesthusbandever    He amazes me! He is currently growing his hair out, which I am loving!

6. We took Lillian to the beach for basically the first time this weekend. She has been walking on the beach a number of times, but this was our first swimsuit-and-sand expedition. We took Sullivan, too, since he loves the beach. It was probably the most un-relaxing beach trip you can imagine---Lillian ate fistfuls of sand, Sullivan bounded over as many waves as he could, and Thomas and I focused on managing the chaos. It was a good peek into what beach trips will look like for the foreseeable future. Still fun, and still grateful to live near the beach though.

7. We hung out with friends from community group last night for the first time in 6 weeks or so. It is so wonderful to have a group of people that you are committed to "doing life" with. We are very thankful for the friendships in that group.

8. My in-laws are doing a mission trip in Cuba right now. How cool is that?!

9. And, just because I miss her, here is a picture of my sister taken in Africa. I think she looks like a cross between a camel and a black rhino.

10. Which reminds me of the joke: "What do you get when you cross an elephant and a rhino?"
Elephino! (say it slowly and you'll get it)




No comments:

Post a Comment