Monday, June 7, 2010

Litterbugs


I never realized how much people litter until I started walking Sullivan every day. Said dog is the ultimate magnet for trash--I can almost hear his little doggie mind producing thoughts like "oooh a beer can! oooh a gum package! delicious trash!"
Trash is, of course, second only to his actual favorite thing to pick up while we are walking: poop. Bird, beast, bug, it doesn't matter. It's all delicious defecation. Usually I attempt to steer him away from those tasty treats, but I have determined it's impossible to prevent all ingestion.
The picture was obviously taken on the beach and Sullivan is dominating (or attempting to dominate) some seaweed. Note the batlike ears, the ferocious look of determination, the crooked tail (ultimate sign of happiness) and the muscular stance of this goofy animal.

1 comment:

  1. I attempted to teach Bear the command "That's mine" and it worked pretty well. Although I must admit it makes me laugh to be saying "that's mine" everytime he tries to pick up a beer can, old cigarette or anything else nasty we find on walks :) It is fabulous though when he wants my ice cream!

    ReplyDelete