Wednesday, March 3, 2010

One of the 31.1 million who watched his memorial service

Ah, yes. Student papers, the font of blog posts.

Just when I thought that everyone my age and younger considered the King of Pop a strange and troubled man with occasional moments of musical genius, I came across this paper...

"I have been and always will be a Michael Jackson fanatic; his music is the cure to any bad day. There have been days when I devote a solid eight hours to watching Michael Jackson music videos, documentaries, and listening to his music. I will admit that I was "the crazy fan" when he passed away last year, I cried throughout his memorial service and mourned his death for a few days. In addition I am proud to say that I own every CD and DVD he ever released, I saw "This Is It" the day it was released in theaters and bought it the day it came out in stores. I also have his posters hanging up in my room...needless to say I am a bit obsessed. "

So, do we admire this 18-year old fan who was two when the first charges of child sexual abuse were made against him? A fan who embraced him well past the good years of the Jackson 5 and Thriller? A fan who bypassed the traditional boy bands in order to devote herself to Mr. Neverland himself? For me, the jury is still out until I find out if she can moonwalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment